– Tianyu won the Graduate Student Silver Award awarded by the Material Research Society in the 2016 MRS Fall Meeting and Exhibition. Congratulations! Nov. 30th, 2016
– Tianyu and Yat organized a group of UCSC students performed demonstrations on chemiluminescence and bioluminescence for the 2016 GLOW festival at the MAH museum, Santa Cruz, CA. Oct. 22nd, 2016
– Huarong Peng joins the lab as a visiting graduate student. Welcome! Oct. 13th, 2016
– Tianyu Liu is selected as a finalist for the 2016 Fall MRS Graduate Student Award. Congrats! Oct. 12th, 2016
– Tianyu’s application for the Lemelson-MIT Student Award is advanced to stage #2 – Category Application. Congrats! Oct. 1st, 2016
– Irwin Chen and John Pinto join our lab as an undergraduate researcher. Welcome! Sept. 21st, 2016
– Wang Xiao joins the lab as a graduate student conducting indepedent research in our lab. Welcome! Sept. 21st, 2016
– Tianyu is selected as a recipient of the Tony Fink Memorial Student Award in Materials Chemistry. Congrats! Sept. 13th, 2016
– Bin’s poster wins the “Best Poster” prize in the annual Chemistry and Biochemistry department retreat. Congrats! Sept. 13th, 2016
– Yang and Tianyu’s work on microfluidic microbial fuel cells is featured on the back cover of J. Mater. Chem. A. Congrats! Sept 1st, 2016
– Tianyi Kou passes the oral exam. Congratulations! Aug. 8th, 2016
– Prescott Railey joins our lab as an undergraduate researcher. Welcome! July 5th, 2016.
– Tianyu is awarded the 2015-2016 Graduate Division Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award. Congrats! June 28th, 2016
– Yi passes her dissertation defense. Congratulations Dr. Yang! June 8th, 2016
– Kathleen Cui, Siddhartha Krishnan, Daisy Kamp, Jennifer John, Erica Chan and Erica Chiu join our lab as high school student interns for the 2016 Science Internship Program. Welcome! June 6th, 2016
– Tianyu’s work on ion-intercalation (DOI: 10.1002/cnma.201600107) is featured on the back cover of ChemNanoMat. Congrats! May 23rd, 2016.
– Tianyu receives the 2016-2017 Chancellor’s Dissertation-Year Fellowship. Big Congratulations!!! May 18th, 2016
– High school summer intern Anchit Narain is awarded third place at the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair. Congrats! May 13th, 2016.
– Hanyu Wang received a postdoc offer from the Oaks Ridge National Laboratory. Congrats! Apr. 29th, 2016
– Bin Yao’s poster is awarded the Dean’s Award in Division of Physical and Biological Sciences in 12th annual Graduate Research Symposium. Congrats! Apr. 29th, 2016
– Tianyu is selected as a finalist representing UCSC to participate in the UC Carbon Slam competition held at Xerox PARC, San Jose, CA. Congrats! Apr. 24th, 2016
– Yi receives an internship offer from Philips Lumileds Lighting Company in San Jose, CA. Congrats!! Apr. 2016
– Tianyu’s poster is awarded the “Best Poster” in 2016 Chemistry & Biochemistry Department Open House, UCSC. Congrats! Mar. 4th, 2016
– Tianyi Kou passes the second year seminar. Congrats! March. 2016
– Tianyu’s work on 3D-printed graphene aerogel electrodes for supercapacitors is featured as a cover paper in Nano Lett. Congrats! Feb. 18th, 2016
– Andrea Cruz joins the lab as an undergraduate researcher. Welcome!
– Tianyu’s work (collaborated with the Lawrence Livermore National Lab) on 3D-printed graphene aerogel electrodes for supercapacitors (published in Nano Lett., http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/acs.nanolett.5b04965) has been highlighted by Lawrence Livermore National Lab Newsline, UCSC News and Events, Materials Research Society, SIGNAL magazine, ScienceBlog, 3Printr.com, 3DPrint.com, 3der.org, DSIAC, Green Car Congress, Ioknot Stonker, 3DCARIB.com, NanoWerk, Before It’s News, Wearable Technology Insights etc.. Congrats! Feb. 15th, 2016
– Tianyu gave a presentation about his research to UC Santa Cruz STEM students and Santa Cruz community members in the Tea Talk program hosted by UC Santa Cruz. Feb. 4th, 2016
– Kristine Zhang (a former SIP intern in our lab) was selected as one of the 2015 Intel Science Talent Search Semi-finalists. Big Congratulations!!! Jan. 2016