– Alissa Zhang was selected as one of the 2011 Siemens Science competitions semifinalists. Congratulations!!! December 2011
– Yichuan Ling passed the oral exam. Congratulations!!! November 2011
– Dr. Xunyu Yang accept a new postdoctoral position at University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee. November 2011
– Xihong Lu and Feng Luan join the group as visiting scholars. Welcome!!! September 2011
– Yi Yang joins the group as a new graduate student. Welcome! September 2011
– Linda Munoz is selected to present her summer research work at the National SACNAS Conference in October 2011. Congratulations! 19 August 2011
– Solar-driven microbial photoelectrochemical cell (Solar MPC) is selected as NSF highlights!!! “Mini-bugs+Sunlight=Alternative Fuel” 19 August 2011
– Alissa Zhang, Marion Lepert and Jay Reddy join the group as high school summer interns. Welcome! 13 June 2011.
– Rohan Mahajan admitted into the undergraduate program of MIT. Congratulations! May 2011
– Alissa Zhang won five awards in the Synopsis Science Fair: Congratulations Alissa!!! April 2011.
1) United States Navy and Marine Corps Award; 2) 1st place, ASM (A Society for Materials) International Award; 3) Fair Manager’s Graphic Design Award; 4) 1st place, Society of Vacuum Coaters Award; 5) 1st place, Apatite to Zircon, Inc. Award.
– Yichuan Ling passed the second year seminar. Congratulations Yichuan! March 2011.
– Rohan Mahajan was selected as one of the 2011 Intel Science Talent Search Finalists!!! Congratulations! Have a nice trip to Washington D.C. 26 January 2011
(Link: http://www.societyforscience.org/page.aspx?pid=728; http://www.mercurynews.com/science/ci_17209589?nclick_check=1)
– Rohan Mahajan was selected as one of the 2011 Intel Science Talent Search Semi-finalists!!! Congratulations Rohan! 12 January 2011
– “Novel nanocomposites generate photoelectrochemical hydrogen”, SPIE Newsroom. 15 November 2010.
– Rohan Mahajan selected as one of the 2010 Siemens Science competitions semifinalists! Congratulations! 22 October 2010.
– Gongming Wang passed the oral exam. Congratulations Gongming! August 2010.
– Hanyu Wang joins the group as a new graduate student. Welcome! July 2010.
– Hana Khosla, Rohan Mahajan and Alissa Zhang join the group as high school summer interns. Welcome Kids! July 2010.
– Gongming Wang passed the second year seminar. Congratulations Gongming! March 2010.
– News for the work of CdSe quantum dot sensitized N-doped TiO2 nanomaterials for solar hydrogen generation:February 2010.
“Composite nanomaterials show promise for solar hydrogen generation”, UCSC News, fuelcellworks.com, physorg.com
“Scientists Develop a Quantum-Dot Process to Split Water and Generate Hydrogen”, greenoptimistic.com
“PEC Development Could Make Hydrogen a More Viable Fuel Source”, azocleantech.com.
– Yat Li receives Senior Visiting Scholar Fellowship, Fudan University, China. January 2010.
– Yichuan Ling joins the group as a new graduate student. Welcome! September 2009.
– Yat Li receives NSF Career Award. July 2009.
– Yat Li receives Visiting Scientist Fellowship, National Center for Electron Microscopy, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory. October 2008.
– Gongming Wang joins the group as a new graduate student. Welcome! September 2008.
– Dr. Xunyu Yang joins the group as new postdoctoral researcher. Welcome! February 2008.
– Yat Li joins Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, Santa Cruz. An exciting journey begins now!!! July 2007.